About Me

1.26.2010

A New Start.. Happy Birthday(3/12)

  Late 90's... like most music lovers my age, i was enticed by Jewel's voice and her songs... her vocals are as enchanting as her face, and the lyrics are just contemporary... who will save your soul When I first heard  this, all I wanted to do was sing it... it was quite a challenge, because of the changes in tempo I could hardly catch my breath.. I honestly didn't take any particular interest on what it means, just the fact that I can sing it (in my own version that is, confident much..hahaha). Years later, on my way home from a colorful 16hour-work, I heard myself ask "whom will I allow to save me?".. I can't think of anything else, but this song.. sounds familiar?.. Successful, but still lacking something.. Rested, yet my body longs for more vacation time.. never contented, always hungry.. wants more adventure, albeit the deaths and dying encounters almost everyday..

 In the middle of all my inner turmoil, I fell in love even before meeting him. He never insisted on his spiritual beliefs, and I wasn't very particular with those matters at that time, because all I can think of was how to make this wonderful bliss last me a lifetime. For me, and yes, for most of us: The key to any disagreement is "Mature Communication". We enjoy listening to what the other has too say, we can talk about anyhing.. Affirmation.. I's so crazy with the lyrics, I focus most of my passionate conversations with him using this song.

 Before I submitted myself to Christ, I was self-sufficient. I have this invisible armour that I am "safe".. kinda felt confident that I'm in the medical field: constantly on-call to pitch in for a colleague, and automatically be able to render service to others, I always have a "good deed" done for the day.. There was a moment that I was like justifying my existence everyday..  I haven't been doing my church responsibility, because I honestly enjoy weekend duties (double pay and the floor is not as "toxic" as we coin it)... Bonus part: my hubby understands my career is a big part of who I am.


-- Ho Humm.. Another Ordinary Day, or so I thought --
  Faith.. Prayer.. woooo.. too spiritual for me... 

Summer time arrived, my mom-in-law visited. One afternoon, over tuna sandwiches, & pomelo juice, she started sharing childhood memories of her son to me: childhood related accidents, scholastic standings, faith goals of the whole family, & their desire for him to be wed with someone of the same faith. Hold on to your keyboards!!! Yes, I didn't do any tumblings nor cartwheel exhibitions, I smiled like a beauty queen. Poised. I have no idea why, but I didn't contradict her. Kinda weird, but I made her say her piece and I wasn't planning on retaliating. Yep, even on the subconscious level, no ammos were secretly loaded.. She shared relationship with Christ, and to my surprise I didn't react like I normally do  ☺Flashback: College years: my born again classmates will sit beside me.. I flee from them, or just make a scene, something like: run around the university field shouting: "Ahhhh, Born Againts!!!!"

  Who knew?.. Amazing!!!! I received Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. Just like that, in my own living room, over a small snack.. Well, while she was sharing, my life flashed before my eyes, and I kept on hearing what the pastor said during my eldest son's dedication (hmmmm, that's another blog): "As a mom, it is your responsibility to make sure he is exposed to the Godly beliefs, make sure his faith will guide his convictions, and that he will be firm with this."... I realized how selfish I was. But I see Hope.. Served for me..Challenging me.. Salvation!!!
 

-- The Promise --
 Everyday, we are molded by what we see, by who we spend time with, by what we believe in.. I still posses the knowledge and the skills, the heart of excellence, and the joy to serve others, but most importantly now I know "I am saved".. My children and their children's children will know of His greatness. "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" (josua24:15)

 Salvation is received when we stop trusting in ourselves..everything has been done for us..on the cross.. He exchanged His righteousness for our sins.. Trust in God.. Awareness of your beliefs, starts with the acceptance of who is in charge of your life.. you need to acknowledge who you serve.. pray with me now, if you choose to have a fresh start:

 Prayer for Salvation:

 Heavenly Father..I acknowledge that the separation between us.. is because of my sin.. i confess that i have sinned.. and have fallen far short of your glory.. I thank you that you sent your son, Jesus.. to pay the penalty for my sin.. I believe that he died on the cross for me.. i want to turn away from everything the Bible calls sin.. and receive you as my Lord, Master, and savior.. help me to love, serve and obey You..for the rest of my life..in Jesus name.. Amen!

Born Again..you are!!! The heaven's rejoicing!!!! Turn away from what the bible calls sin, so better read that book, obey what's written.. Consistent all these years, He gave us the bible to be the best guide to a better life.. tell other's about your new commitment to follow Christ.. Today is the day, let us celebrate this new life!!! Happy Birthday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking time :)